Monday, June 27, 2011

Councilor = No help

So I talked with my councilor about the program. She had no idea what it was. I had printed out all the basic information because I expected it to be completely new to her. After explaining what it was I showed her the website and what classes they offered. She said I could not earn any credits for the classes because my school doesn't have anything close to them. I had also expected that. She told me she thought the program would be a waste of time. At that point i got a little frustrated. But I didn't let it show. I explained that working for Disney has always been a goal of mine. I told her how this program would help me get my foot in the door along with what I planned to do after the program. Again she said it would be a waste of time. I then continued with the things the DCP website says to check with your school about. I asked her if they would have any problem with me still going with the program. She was shocked that I still wanted to do it. She thought she had changed my mind and I would throw all my plans out the window because I wasn't going to get credit. I explained what this program and Disney means to me. Then I saw a change in her expression. She was done trying to tell me not to do it. She told me our time was up so I put my things away and left.

I went home with what I had wanted. I wanted to know if I could get credits, which is a no. I wanted to know if the school would have any problems with me leaving, again no. I'm still a little upset that she said this experience was a waste but I wont let that stop me.

I was going to talk to my manager about the program but decided not to just yet. I don't want them thinking I'm just going to up and leave at any minute and not give me shifts. So ill wait until late September/October and find out if I even get accepted first, haha. Then from there I'll decide when to tell them.

Overall the day was not wasted. I got the information I needed and I'm that much closer to the DCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment